Monday, August 31, 2015

#RPGaDAY 2015 Day 28-31: Finishing Off the Month

Day 28: Favorite game I no longer play

My Favorite game that I no longer play is Hackmaster Basic.  When our group first came together it was led by a GM who was (and still is) a hardcore Hackmaster fan.  We played Hackmaster 4th edition and then switched to Hackmaster Basic as soon as it came out.  Our GM moved and I took over, starting a new campaign using Hackmaster Basic.  We played that game for three years.

There are a lot of fun memories that we built with Hackmaster Basic.  There are also mechanics that I liked, such as rolling for defense instead of using an armor class.  There are also some mechanics that I don't miss, such as shield rules.  Hackmaster Basic strikes me as the OSR game for the sophisticated gamer.  I enjoyed it but I don't think I can play it anymore.  There are just other fantasy rpgs that I would rather play.  It is a good game and you can download it for free.



Day 29: Favorite rpg website/blog

Rpggeek.com. I use this website every day.  I've played in play by forum games on it, I read game news, I have downloaded games, and I use it to keep track of my ever growing collection.

Day 30: favorite rpg playing celebrity.

Vin Diesel, becuase he got Dame Judy Dench to play D&D



Day 31: Favorite non-RPG thing to come out of RPGing 


The Wild Cards series.  I read that George R. R. Martin was playing in a Superworld campaign with his friends that inspired the Wild Cards series of books.  I have only read the first one but it is genius.


And that is it for the month of August 2015. #RPGaDAY 2015 was fun and I look forward to next year.