Saturday, August 1, 2015

#RPGaDAY2015 Day 1: Forthcoming game you are most looking forward to.

This August will be #RPGaDAY2015 so I thought I would dust off the old blog.  More details can be found here.  Today's topic is what forthcoming game are you most looking forward to.



I am a collector of rpgs.  I back many on kickstarter.  I follow the news feeds of my favorite companies.  There are many games coming out that I can’t wait to get in my grubby hands.  The one that I am most looking forward to is the Force and Destiny Star Wars rpg from Fantasy Flight.  By the time this is posted, the game should be available to the public, but I have been waiting for this one ever since Fantasy Flight Games announced their line of Star Wars rpgs.

I grew up loving Star Wars.  I have my old figures along with plenty of new ones that I have collected through the years.  I have the 2nd edtition revised WEG Star Wars book and Edge of the Empire.  The production values on FFG’s Star Wars books are amazing.  The reason that I am so excited about Force and Destiny is that it is all about Jedi.  

Jedi are probably the coolest characters in Star Wars.  They combine the wizard and the fighter, and give them awesome spaceships.  The idea of playing a Jedi excites the little boy who lives in my imagination.  So if you are looking for a good Christmas gift for me this year, the Force and Destiny core book would be a great choice.