Wednesday, August 5, 2015

#RPGaDAY2015 Day 5: Most recent RPG purchase.

I am a collector of role playing material.  I scour used book stores for rpg material.  I waste hours on the internet looking for sales and deals on rpg books.  I rationalize these purchases by telling myself that even if I don’t run all the games I own, I can always use the material for inspiration.  The truth is that I like to read role playing books.  They are fun, they often have cool artwork, and they provide some escapism.




The most recent rpg purchase that I made is a that I picked up is used copy of the book Passion Play.  These are the LARP rules for the Fading Suns rpg setting.  Fading Sun is a Dune-esque feudal space opera setting.  The game is published with its own house system for tabletop play.  I love Dune and Fading Suns has interested me since I first heard about it.  When I saw LARP rules for the system I grabbed them.  I’m not sure if I will run a Fading Suns LARP.  I’ve never LARPed, and I would want to play in someone else’s game before I tried running my own.  However, a Dune-inspired LARP would be awesome.  If you are interested in trying it out, let me know!


By the way, the Passion Play rules can be purchased in pdf format from drivethrurpg.com.