Sunday, August 9, 2015

#RPGaDAY2015 Day 9: Favorite media you wish was an RPG

The one media property that I would love for there to be an rpg of is Silent Hill.  When I played the original Silent Hill it was the first time that I was truly scared by a video game.  I love the mythos of Silent Hill.  



I love it so much I tried to include a Silent Hill adventure in a Hackmaster campaign that I was running. My idea was to have a town that would transform into a weird demon realm at night.  Of course one of the players in the group was left behind when the town transformed, and he decided to go around the normal version of the town and set it on fire.



Anyway, I would love a Silent Hill rpg.  I love the setting of a West Virginia coal mine ghost town that transforms into an even scarier version of itself. I love the idea of being trapped in a town and solving puzzles in abandoned hospitals.  I totally dig how the town acts as a character.  The weirdness and desolation of the setting draws me in.  The monsters are freaky, and  of course there should be stats for pyramid head!