Monday, August 10, 2015

#RPGaDAY 2015 Day 10: Favorite RPG Publisher

There are a lot of great publishers that I love and respect.  Posthuman Studios, the makers of Eclipse Phase, produce awesome books with high production values.  What is totally awesome about their Eclipse Phase game is that they have released it under the Creative Commons License.  Evil Hat is another publisher who produces great looking books.  Their release of FATE core rules under the OGL and Creative Commons License has allowed a stream of interesting games to appear.

My favorite is publisher is James Raggi and his company Lamentations of the Flame Princess.  I know there is controversy surrounding his death metal aesthetic, of which I am a fan.  I have mentioned good production values because I am a true bibliophile.  I love books.  I love reading them, holding them, collecting them, and looking at them.  Nothing warms my heart like a book bound with qualify materials and true pride.



The products that James Raggi publishes are labors of love. The art, the writing, the paper, the bind of the book, all of it comes together in a gestalt of greatness.  When I look inside the book No Salvation for Witches I can honestly say that there is the most beautiful picture of a woman throwing up her own leg that I have ever scene.  His printed books are true artifacts. I strongly recommend that you read one.