Saturday, August 22, 2015

#RPGaDAY2015 Day 22: Playing Catch Up with Marvel Superheroes, Call of Cthulhu, and Eclipse Phase

Day 19: Favorite Supers RPG



My favorite supers rpg is TSR’s Marvel Superheroes.  This was the first rpg I bought and the first rpg that I GMed.  I still have my original boxed set in my collection.  I love comics and this game felt like a game about comics.   Also, the nostalgia behind it being my first rpg purchase makes it my favorite.    

Day 20: Favorite Horror RPG



My favorite horror rpg is Call of Cthulhu 6th edition.  I decided that I really loved this system when I was able to run an entire scenario from the quickstart rules alone.  It is simple, the sanity mechanic is genius, and I love the system for how skills improve.  I know the 7th edition is out but I think that I will stick with 6th.

Day 21: Favorite Setting



I would have to say the setting from Eclipse Phase.  I have never played Eclipse Phase but I find the setting fascinating.  There is so much going on.  You can play in post-apocalyptic Earth fighting crazy robots, you can play in a cyberpunk orbital colony, or you can play a stellar explorer jumping through a stargate.  While you do all this, your character can be a human, an uplifted animal, an A.I., an augmented human, a human in a robot body, or some other crazy sh#t.  There is so much going on in this setting and yet it all fits together so nicely.

Day 22: Perfect Gaming Environment

My perfect gaming environment is a nice, big table with friends, snacks, and room to roll dice.