Saturday, February 1, 2014

D&D Blog Hop Challenge Day 1

Day 1: The first person who introduced you to D&D


The first person to introduce me to D&D was my older brother.  He had the Moldvay red and blue books, plus the AD&D Players Handbook, Monster Manual, and a ton of modules.  I was very young, maybe 5, when he ran me through a solo adventure through Keep on the Borderlands.  I don’t remember what my character was.  I remember that I wanted to be a wizard, but I might have been a fighter in that first adventure.  

I was enthralled by the module.  I loved moving through the map and feeling that sense of exploration.  I also loved the mythical creatures.  I would spend many days grabbing my brother’s books and just flipping through them, looking at the art and trying to figure out how to play.  My brother doesn't play anymore, but I continued to buy books and am currently running a Pathfinder campaign.

My current campaign: Quest for Honor