Monday, August 1, 2016

#RPGaDay August 2016: Day 1 How do you roll?

#RPGaDay for August 2016 has started!  On to our first question of the day.



Read dice, dice app, diceless, how do you prefer to roll?

I prefer real dice.  There is something about rolling physical dice that I love.  The feel of dice clicking in my hand, the daring of fate as I shake my enclosed fist, and the anticipation as I let the dice tumbling are all paramount to my gaming experience.  In our online session we used to use dice roller apps but we now let everyone use their own dice.

I will amend this entry by saying that one of the most fun sessions that I had as a GM was when I did not roll a single die during the entire session.  We were play-testing the new Delta Green and I just sat back and watched the chaos ensue.  Whichever way you roll, play well and have fun!

My brother's set of dice from his Basic D&D set