Saturday, April 2, 2016

B is for Battletech - #atozchallenge

My post for today is about Battletech.  Battletech is a wargame about gigantic fighting robots.  I must confess that I have only played one game of Battletech, although I played a lot of the old Mechwarrior computer game on my 386 pc.  When I was younger I bought the Citytech game, back when they used cardboard stand-ups for game pieces.  I was intrigued by all of the robots loaded down with laser guns and missile launchers.  I have always loved robots and the idea of giant robot combat in a game is winner for me.  During my one game of Battletech my mech received a critical hit and exploded.  Good times.

You can download a free quickstart for Battletech here.

You can download a free quickstart for the Battletech role playing game here.

You can download a free intro to the Battletech universe here.

The Battletech Introductory Box Set, a great place to start!