Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sign up for ConTessa!



I have many memories from my youth of sitting around with my stacks of rpg books wishing for someone to play with.  I lived in a very rural area in a state that required teenagers to be at least 17 before they acquired their license, so my access to gaming groups was limited. I created GURPS characters who would languish inside the box.  I even once used Palladium’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game to run a solo miniatures skirmish between my Triceraton and Federation  miniatures.  Ah, if only I had a regular group back then.

Thank goodness the internet exists for gamers today.  People can set up games and play with literally anybody anywhere in the world at any time.  Which is why I want to encourage people to sign up for ConTessa, the free 3-day online game convention from February 7-9.  ConTessa’s events are run by women and anyone can sign up for the games.  Stacy Dellorfano, the event’s creator, just gave an interview to the Roll for Initiative Podcast.  Go give it a listen to learn more about this cool event, or you can check out ConTessa’s website.

If you are a female gamer then create and run game (hopefully something sci-fi!).  If you are any type of gamer then sign up and play something.  Online gaming is great.  You can try games you never get to play, meet people from all over, and have some good gaming fun while remaining in the comfort of your own home.  Hopefully I’ll see some of you there.